Signs You Have Clogged Drains
As a property owner, it’s not easy to determine the condition of your pipes at a glance. Clogs may form in the pipes connected to your toilet, shower, sink, or primary sewer line without your knowledge.
It’s essential to catch the blockage before it gets out of hand. However, you can’t do it if you don’t know the top signs of a clog. These include:
- Changes in the water level inside your toilet
- Gurgling sounds in the drain
- Water pooling or wet sections on your lawn
- A tub or sink draining slowly
- Vegetation around your sewer line
- Unpleasant odors coming from your drains
If you spot these early warning signs, you need to seek professional help. Otherwise, you could soon face a messy, more expensive situation. Our team of professionals providing rooter services in Pacifica, CA, can fix the problem quickly and effectively.
Is the problem already an emergency? Don’t hesitate to call our 24/7 emergency repair desk. We are always willing to save your plumbing and drains.
Top Causes of Clogged Drains
Drain clogs are not always completely avoidable, but you can prevent them if you understand what often causes them. Some of the common causes of clogs include:
- Food waste
- Cotton products
- Soap residue
It can take years of these objects accumulating in your drains to trigger the need for rooter services. Therefore, even a slight behavioral change now can save you money on drain cleaning or pipe repair down the line.
How to Keep Your Plumbing System Clogs Free
Your drain system will accept water and anything else you send through the pipes without regard for its own health. To avoid clogging your drain, be mindful of what you put in it. You can keep your drains clog-free by doing the following:
- Don’t pour grease and food residue (such as coffee grounds) down your drains
- Dispose of leftover food in the garbage
- Keep hair from going down your drains using a drain stopper
- Be sure to let only human waste and toilet paper down your toilet
- Flush your drains occasionally using a mixture of hot water, baking soda, and vinegar
Some of these may seem obvious, but many homeowners trust their drains to take care of everything, especially if they have a garbage disposal. However, taking proactive measures can make a big difference.
What Should You Expect During Our Rooter Services?
Our experienced plumbing and drain experts will first start with a thorough evaluation of the problem. Where necessary, we use a drain inspection camera to pinpoint the source of the problem accurately. Once done, we will find the perfect solution for the job. Some of the options we deploy include:
- Drain snaking. The drain snake, or auger, is a flexible tool that can reach accumulated debris deep within your pipe work. It also has a mechanism that can tear through debris, making it easier for the broken-up clog pieces to flow through the drain pipes. We can also use the auger to pull out objects blocking the drain line.
- Organic drain cleaners. These drain cleaners feature friendly bacteria that can go into the pipe system to eat away at organic waste blocking your plumbing lines. By using organic products, we avoid harsh chemicals that could damage your pipes.
- Hydro jetting. This heavy-duty solution sends a powerful blast of water down your drainage pipes, cleaning up excessive buildup and corrosion. Since it’s just a combination of water and pressure, it’s entirely safe for your plumbing.